Monday 4 June 2012

Amiable Amble About Akaraoa (again) - aaaawesome!

Here I am again! The last few weeks have been pretty eventful, even without as much going on over the weekends. And this last week was as much work as a week at Rochester! Currently working off the caffeine from an all night adventure to finish my 3 lab reports for thermodynamics.. They're done. Back to a few weeks ago for a quick moment! After finishing up fall break (glory) I took my strength of materials test first thing Monday morning and we all got a little work done for the week. Friday, my flatmates and IES was kind enough to throw me an excellent birthday party! It was a week into my 20th year, but it was fit for no less than my golden birthday.

A few of us felt we had to go hiking the next day.. after all, it'd been a whole week since we'd been on break.. So we headed back to Akaroa for the day! Daylight was already getting shorter so we didn't have much time to go for a long hike. The grumpy I-Site lady wasn't much help but we found this and off we went.


What a gorgeous place to live. Yet another mini shelter I'd love to be able to always pop up to whenever the world's frowning. (Don't miss the sign on the door)
We made it to the top!
And it was windy. Reminded me of Mt. Herbert, but this time I had more than a XC singlet on
Oh New Zealand!
 
We revisited the Pa on the way in as well. The weather couldn't have been better.. so we did handstands, headstands and of course yoga poses on rocks. (Thanks to Kelly for these two pictures)
 
PS: Stump is pretty fun. And Ilam is a great place to flat.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment