Monday 27 February 2012

O Week, some hiking, some shenanigans


First day of classes! This is the events fair.. about the only time I've felt alone in Christchurch! Being surrounded by a thousand people I'd never seen before and sorting my way through the booths was rather different when on a different continent

...I did hit the strong man hammer hard enough to break it though... it wasn't back the next day either.



Back up to the Port hills! This was a monday after class, pretty sweet. I NEVER would do this in Rochester, but we had a great hike. Went into Victoria park this time (I'll put the gpx of that up too)


This was a good scramble to get to! Awesome volcanic rock in all directions and Lyttleton down below




In Antarctic Studies class. We were discussing all the nation's bases before getting a primer on international law and it pertains to sovereignty in territories down there.

EXCITING UPDATE: I FOUND THE PHOTO CAPTION BUTTON IN BLOGGER! No longer need to write my own inline css for EVERY caption I do. It'll look nicer in the next post. The little smatter of web design was kind nice though

It rains here too. This is a few feet outside my window, looking at the common room . The trees beyond are the greenbelt separating us from Ilam ("I lum") fields.

Christchurch Memorial service for the 1 year anniversary of the quake. Quite sobering to have the  Jackhammers running in the background at a building that was just declared to have to come down immediately. 

The best treat on the way back! It even had a inductive sensor buried in the sidewalk that knew I was there!

Lots of fitness classes! I'll be getting my $70 worth for the semester..

Paint party aftermath! I had paint in my scalp, nose and ears for a few days.. it was pretty wild.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment