Saturday 18 February 2012

Sumner and the Banks Peninsula Forray

It's getting rather late here once again, but here I am with anohter set of picturs I need to get up! Today I had the most amazing weather and activities I have yet!! Took off from Ilam around noon, bussed to Sumner with a few friends, enjoyed the beach and swimming in the (warm!) Pacific, then a pub with free BBQ sandwiches. Mini, but a great snack before a long bike ride.

Looks like I'm on the Mediterranean!



These are Norfolk Pine. Love the layers of branches.

My friends headed home on the bus, but I was just getting started! I headed off up the hill to views of Sumner, the estuary and back toward Christchurch.





Down at the bottom of Taylor's Mistake (named for the ship that thought this was the entrance to Lyttleton harbour). This is the lifesaving club drilling (it's a competitive sport apparently!)



My new (borrowed, thanks Ainsley) bike at Scarborough head



Gorgeous view toward Lyttleton harbor. The forground is a mini cattle (sheep) guard for mountain bikers to cross






Look back at part of my trip. I made it to a little left of the middle before the road was closed due to rockfall.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment